Techsurvivors

Archives => 2003 => Topic started by: MamaMoose on November 06, 2003, 02:33:27 PM

Title: Want to move some Eudora mail to new Mac
Post by: MamaMoose on November 06, 2003, 02:33:27 PM
I have some Eudora posts that I want to move from my G4 to my new G5. How can I do this? Where in OS 1 0.2.x is the Eudora mail stored?

Thanks, Tom Casselman
Title: Want to move some Eudora mail to new Mac
Post by: Mayo on November 06, 2003, 05:39:16 PM
I recently moved my settings, mail and filters from Eudora 4.3/OS 9 to Eudora 6/OX 10.3.  All of it went into the Eudora Folder inside the Documents Folder on my OS X drive named Nice Kitty.

I didn't need to configure anything in Eudora because I moved the settings file.  Just remember to remove anything that has the same name as what you are moving into the new folder.  If I remember correctly, unless you have already configured the new Eudora installation, there won't be any settings files to remove/replace.
Title: Want to move some Eudora mail to new Mac
Post by: MamaMoose on November 08, 2003, 12:24:33 AM
Thanks Mayo but my problem is a bit more complicated. I kept downloading mail switching between my G4 and my G5. Therefore ther aonly 4-5 posts that I want to move from the G4 to G5. My question is how do I move just a few posts?

Thanks,

MamaMoose
Title: Want to move some Eudora mail to new Mac
Post by: Mayo on November 08, 2003, 01:14:03 PM
If you only have a few messages you want to transfer, how about just forwarding them to the G5?