Techsurvivors

Archives => 2003 => Topic started by: MamaMoose on November 08, 2003, 12:21:32 AM

Title: Can't get DiskWarrior OS to boot in G5
Post by: MamaMoose on November 08, 2003, 12:21:32 AM
I tried to boot from the DiskWarrior 3 CD and the CD's operating system failed to show up (I held down the "C" key til my finger hurt!). Therefore, I could not repair my boot hard drive. I followed the DW instructions vis-a-vis permissions, and still the DW OS did not boot. I am running OS 10.2.7 on a Dual 1 GHz G5.

What am I missing or doing wrong or is there a trick to get DW 3 to work with jaguar. I remeber vaguely there was a thread about this a while back but darned if I could remember.

MamaMoose
Title: Can't get DiskWarrior OS to boot in G5
Post by: tacit on November 08, 2003, 12:28:29 AM
The G5 requires a special version of 10.2.7, or later, to boot. The OS on the DiskWarrior CD can not boot a G5. You won't be able to boot from the DiskWarrior CD until Alsoft releases a new version of the CD.
Title: Can't get DiskWarrior OS to boot in G5
Post by: gmann on November 08, 2003, 01:32:15 AM
I could never boot my G4 by using the "c" key, but it works great using the option key. I wonder if that would help on the G5?
Title: Can't get DiskWarrior OS to boot in G5
Post by: Bruce_F on November 08, 2003, 02:15:58 AM
I don't quite understand why you would need DiskWarrior so desperately with your new computer. You should be able to boot from the installer disk #1 that came with the G5 to run Disk Repair and Repair Permissions.

If there's something so wrong with your machine that it won't respond to those utilities, then maybe it's time to take it in to a service center.