Techsurvivors

Archives => 2004 => Topic started by: iGuy on January 04, 2004, 11:32:21 AM

Title: Epson Print Drivers
Post by: iGuy on January 04, 2004, 11:32:21 AM
Since upgrading to Panter, my Epson 777i printer will not work.  It says driver is not installed.  I went to Epson's website and it states the 777i drivers are on Apple's OS X disk.  Which OS X disk I don't know.  Is there a driver available that will make my printer work with Panther?

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support...s¬eoid=17764

Ryan
Title: Epson Print Drivers
Post by: Bruce_F on January 04, 2004, 11:39:33 AM
Ryan,

Your best bet is to get Gimp-Print.

I posted the link to Source Forge, but I think that Apple has it listed in its software download section.
Title: Epson Print Drivers
Post by: pendragon on January 04, 2004, 02:11:42 PM
iGuy, I think, though am uncertain, that the print drivers are on Disk 3. But I do not know if you can access and download them directly or that you must do a custom install. In either case that should be fairly easy. Of course when someone else is doing the work, all things are fairly easy.

Harv
Title: Epson Print Drivers
Post by: iGuy on January 04, 2004, 03:02:10 PM
Thanks to both of you for your advice.  I first tried Harv's advice and popped in Panther's Disk three and there it was.  Epson's print drivers.  Installed, logged out and back in.  Works like it should.  

Thanks for helping me get back on track.  thumbup.gif

Ryan
Title: Epson Print Drivers
Post by: marie on January 04, 2004, 03:34:46 PM
Okay guys, reading this post presents and interesting question to me. When I received my PB I immediately upgraded to Panther, however, it never asked me for disk three. Was is suppost to? Mind you I am somewhat of a mac "greenhorn" but I just wondered if I missed something? Go easy on me...LOL
Thanks!
Title: Epson Print Drivers
Post by: pendragon on January 04, 2004, 03:59:49 PM
Marie, As a guess...

When you upgraded, you did an Easy Install rather than an Archive & Install. Thus, the installer only upgraded things you needed for Panther. Since printer drivers (for Panther) were not needed (you already had them), Disk 3 was not called upon.

Aside from that, I haven't a clue.

Harv
Title: Epson Print Drivers
Post by: marie on January 04, 2004, 05:03:53 PM
Thanks I was a bit afraid I may have done something incorrectly....thought I better swallow the pride and ask..... biggrin.gif
Title: Epson Print Drivers
Post by: FLASH1296 on January 19, 2004, 04:30:51 PM
Here is the solution for your problem:

the drivers are on CD #3     Just use the nifty shareware appl'   PACIFIST      http://www.charlessoft.com/     to  extract and install just that component
Title: Epson Print Drivers
Post by: swhitset on January 19, 2004, 05:15:04 PM
Flash...

The above posts show that he already installed them from disc 3.  Also,  you don't need Pacifist because all of the drivers are accessible without it.
Title: Epson Print Drivers
Post by: krissel on January 19, 2004, 06:43:21 PM
Just thought I'd put in a plug for GIMP-PRINT.

Now that I'm on cable I was able to download the update to X.2.8 for my PB.
Been playing with it for a couple days now and wanted to try printing from X to my Epson 1520 which has no X drivers.

Downloaded Gimp-Print this aft, installed and voilá, I can now print directly to my wide format printer via USB/Parallel cable. Pretty cool. Only problem was after several print jobs it kept losing the connection so I had to unplug/replug the USB cable but that's OK with me. Now I know when I do finally get a new G5 someday I can still use my big printer.

 toothgrin.gif  thumbup.gif  clap.gif