Author Topic: Which printer do you use and why?  (Read 739 times)

Offline Larry

• Super Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.catchfriday.com
Which printer do you use and why?
« on: September 16, 2023, 03:33:05 AM »
A few years ago i bought an HP DeskJet 3760 but never took to it. Their suggestion was that you could use it from a number of devices. With mobile connectivity I never succeeded, it has been a big disappointment/

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • 27" iMac (mid-17), Big Sur, Mac mini, Catalina
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
Re: Which printer do you use and why?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2023, 04:10:25 PM »
...you could use it from a number of devices...
1. I assume they meant via WiFi or Bluetooth. Basic requirement is that all devices should be on the same network/router.
...With mobile connectivity I never succeeded...
2. See answer #1.

The manual should explain the details. Company web site is a great second choice. YouTube search quite often results in a vid or two.

As for your question, we have had several Brother multi-function black & white printers using third-party toner. For color, we've had a couple of Epson, but now I really like Canon with third-party ink. All have been on our WiFi (and Airprint) network, shared by computers, iPhones and iPads. :thumbup:
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system
CAUTION! Childhood vaccinations cause adults! :yes:

Offline Larry

• Super Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.catchfriday.com
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2023, 02:01:22 PM »
Thank you, I will reflect on your comment. I rarely print. When i have to scan I use Genius Scan

Offline Bruce_F

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2023, 02:07:05 PM »
When I had my home office, years ago, I had a trusty Apple Laser Printer which was the best printer I ever owned. Eventually, I wanted to print color and I purchased the Epson Photo Printer. Every time I wanted to print something, I had to run it through its cleaning cycle in order to get the color correct. After going through a bunch of ink, I tossed it out and started using one of the places in town, like Kinko's to get color work done.

Boy that seems so long ago…
-Bruce-