Author Topic: AI comes to Safari  (Read 378 times)

Offline jchuzi

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
AI comes to Safari
« on: May 26, 2024, 01:04:35 PM »
Apple to unveil AI-enabled Safari browser alongside new operating systems I recall the quip that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P700, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • 27" iMac (mid-17), Big Sur, Mac mini, Catalina
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
Re: AI comes to Safari
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2024, 01:33:06 PM »
I'd be satisfied if Safari would just work with any site available. I detest having to use Firefox... almost as much as I detest people "designing" a website without checking that it will work with all major browsers. :wallbash: WordPress seems to be the worst offender. Reminds me of anything designed by a committee with no standards developed. I could go on for another few hours... I'm just hoping to live long enough for HTML 10... :whoosh: I gotta take a nap... :sleep1:
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system
CAUTION! Childhood vaccinations cause adults! :yes:

Offline krissel

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2024, 12:45:59 AM »
Totally agree with you, Jim.  So tired of shopping at sites and finding out that once I go to check out, Safari doesn't show a "Complete purchase" button or the Paypal option doesn't work, etc. Then I have to go through the whole process all over again in Firefox. Not to mention some government sites that don't work with Safari either.
 :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

A Techsurvivors founder

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • 27" iMac (mid-17), Big Sur, Mac mini, Catalina
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2024, 08:05:22 AM »
Here's a TedTalk about how AI "will soon" be able to allow anyone to 'write' a program (memories of HyperTalk/AppleScript?). I haven't even watched the whole vid yet. I got sidetracked when the presenter was glowingly praising the first attempts back in 2020. "It solved 93% of [the code] during the first few takes." I would have been happy to have had that score in the two 5-hour courses I had as a freshmen!! :Thinking: Still, I think 99.99% correct will still be frustrating to users. That might even be good enough for the IRS, as long as the ererz benefit them! :laughhard:

My sure that Copilot (the AI powered programming platform) has become much, much better. Maybe even above 99%?

I am still amazed that folks seem to think that "language", written and especially spoken(!) is the best way to 'communicate'. Don'tAsk me about a 50+ hour course my wife is (still) taking and how the forms are created in Word and then dumped into a WordPress themed site. The multi-page questionnaires must be filled out on a "web page" and then "saved" which then creates a PDF. Those files then must be manually emailed to the 'instructors'. It took my wife several days to discover that closing the form, without saving, completely erased all her work. And, even if she saved her not-quite-completed form, working on that PDF in Preview present additional problems because the original text entry boxes sometimes had unknown size or number of lines limits. I can guaranty any "chat" would have melted the "lines of communications"! :wallbash: :taped: :eek: :nono:

She is already afraid of "the computer" and I am losing the battle to convince her that there is a difference between "the computer" and the "program". :blush-anim-cl: I have found that Alprazolam is beneficial. :Devilish: :notworthy:
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system
CAUTION! Childhood vaccinations cause adults! :yes: