Author Topic: Possible "Software of the Year"?!  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • 27" iMac (mid-17), Big Sur, Mac mini, Catalina
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
Possible "Software of the Year"?!
« on: February 02, 2004, 01:35:55 PM »
For those who want to have their Mac handle all those bothersome calls!
PHlink

If this thing does all it say it can, it'll be pretty fantastic! I'm especially interested in its ability to set up a phone menu! I just love calling some company about a simple problem and having to wade through a 9 choice menu to get to hear another 8 choices only to find that the next 6 don't really apply so I have to go back to the beginning but they don't allow that option so I have to hang up and start over and by then I can't even remember what I was calling about! whew.gif

Just think, you could program this thing to watch for your [insert relative/person of choice] and start a phone menu that would be a continuous loop of choices! blueeek.gif  eek2.gif  eusa_dance.gif  toothgrin.gif
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system
CAUTION! Childhood vaccinations cause adults! :yes:

Offline Bbob

• Super Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 04:54:48 PM »
Heck, I just got a cell phone and am having a tough time just putting in the numbers and names (one of my kids has FIVE possible numbers). I don't think I could cope with PHlink.

rolleyes.gif

Bbob with a cube

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2004, 05:26:50 PM »
I know what you mean, Bbob, when it takes 5 or 6 keystrokes to 'search' for a number, you negin to wonder who designed this 'easy option!' One or two more keystrokes and you could have entered the whole number! doh.gif Helps a little more with long distance numbers. And you can always memorize a set of 2 letter nemonics for all your favorite people/numbers, but that is like doing the work instead of letting the computer do it! Do you think this 'reasoning' comes from using M$ products?! wacko.gif

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 09:54:54 AM »
Hope this is an indication that X will generate new and better software for the Mac! Just found another Phone related application mentioned a few days ago in TidBits.

This one is more expensive and it's not yet available, but it might be worth a look PhoneValet. And, this one uses North American electrons! Devilish2.gif