Archives > 2007

FormulatePro

(1/3) > >>

sluggo:
Downloaded this freeware from Versiontracker for filling in PDF documents. When trying to use it on scanned documents that don't have defined fields within a box, the text is micro small.
As an example, I scanned and saved as PDF a memorandum blank from work. The typical To/From/Subject type. I can place the cursor next to the To, From, Subject or anyplace else on the document for that matter and begin to type. But the type is microscopic.
I can increase the size of the type by using Command/+ but it will not hold the setting if I hit Return to move down another line or if I use the cursor to move to another portion of the document.
Has anyone used this little app or had similar problems?

Jack W:
sluggo,

AFAIK, scanned documents don't have fields per-se, just one all-inclusive file.

That is probably your problem.

You need the original PDF document. Can you download that from work?

- Jack

sluggo:
QUOTE(Jack W @ Dec 1 2007, 11:00 AM) sluggo,

AFAIK, scanned documents don't have fields per-se, just one all-inclusive file.

That is probably your problem.

You need the original PDF document. Can you download that from work?

- Jack

It's just a generic memo from a state agency. I doubt that we have an online spot to download it in PDF form. What you state makes sense to me. Just couldn't see spending $95 on a shareware when it most likely would only be used now and then.
Thanks for the insight!
Todd

Xairbusdriver:
Might not expect too much from a version 0.0.3 product. Maybe iy will do what you want by the time it's 0.5? Email the developer and at least show him there is interest in his work.

As his 'forum' says:QUOTEFormulatePro is currently a Beta product. That means that while it can be used, it shouldn't yet be depended upon.I'm not sure I'd agree that it's actually up to the ├četa stage, however...

jb:
I use FormMate, a 29.95 application. Just drag any PDF, secured or not, onto the FormMate app icon, double-click where you want to add text, select the Font and its size, and type away. You can then save it as a FormMate document that you can add text to, or export it to PDF and save it as a PDF document.

There are many other PDF filling apps. One of them, PDFpen, does not allow a secured PDF form to be filled.

jb

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version