Welcome to Techsurvivors > Tech

Apple's Lightning is out...

<< < (2/2)

kimmer:

--- Quote from: Paddy on February 03, 2020, 02:18:53 PM ---As for the EU making technology decisions, I definitely support the general principal behind this ruling; reducing electronic waste and the need to have multiple cable types. Most manufacturers (other than the low-end still using micro-USB, and Apple) have switched to USB-C. It makes sense, IMHO. Sometimes it does take a nudge in the right direction from a body with the guts to actually DO something, even if the rest of the world squawks and complains and huffs about their trampled "rights" (read profits and feelings...). It's time we humans realize that we live on a finite planet, with finite resources, and started behaving accordingly. /rant

--- End quote ---
What she said.

Xairbusdriver:
Perhaps I need to read the linked story. I hadn't done that since I had already read about the intensions of the bureaucrats. Maybe there was a note about why the EU felt this rule was a way to help reduce waste? I guess one has to start somewhere... However, I think preventing an extra cable is one of the least efficient methods I've ever heard of. :rolleyes: There is more toxicity in one cell phone than a hundred cables. Plus, a hundred cables can likely be recycled into at least 25 new ones. Oh well.

kimmer:

--- Quote from: Xairbusdriver on February 03, 2020, 09:28:48 PM ---Perhaps I need to read the linked story. I hadn't done that ...

--- End quote ---
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Xairbusdriver:
When I first saw your thread, I assumed you were referring to the note in an earlier TidBITS since I knew you read (and comment) there. Proving, once again, how one can get into trouble with "assumptions"!! :blush-anim-cl:

kimmer:

--- Quote from: Xairbusdriver on February 04, 2020, 07:04:29 PM ---When I first saw your thread, I assumed you were referring to the note in an earlier TidBITS since I knew you read (and comment) there. Proving, once again, how one can get into trouble with "assumptions"!! :blush-anim-cl:

--- End quote ---
Well, if you'd stop stalking me ;) this wouldn't happen. :p

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version