Author Topic: Sports:Anaca Sorenstam  (Read 4024 times)

Offline Bill

  • TS Addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 4615
    • View Profile
Sports:Anaca Sorenstam
« on: May 23, 2003, 10:14:16 PM »
Annika Sorenstam

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/columnist?id=1558434

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/index



Ever sense Tiger came in the picture I've sort of watched golf on/off.
Before then,lost interest a long time ago once my back told me -don't you even think about swinging a club mister!-

When Sorenstam (or to be more accurate when the women started lobbying the old [womens lib] some time back),I more or less kept tabs on how things were going. Yet still didn't drop everything just to see what the scoop was daily.

Figure women can do just about anything a male can do considering the physical ... errr ... lets say-handy capped differences.
I've seen superstars run monster D-10 dozers day after day as good as -some cases better than- their male co-workers. Yet come off those oversized tanks ... dust themselves off ... meet the gang at some local pizza joint looking/behaving like a superstar again WITH the fellow male co-workers all of a sudden tung tied. <gr>

Another example. Just finished a semi large project where the head -check writer.queen boss- was a woman who had more active gray matter than a dozen dumb male suits she had to babysit through each and every portion of the job. Actually that isn't a very good example cus those dummy suits didn't know how to tie their own shoe laces till mommy kicked them out of the house.
Yet this gal cut-to-the-case to keep the ball rolling no matter what.
She could easily chew nails but was as fair as any boss could be as long you knew your job and did it.

Now to more or less turn the hat around.

I 'can not' see for example that boxer guys daughter trying to take up where daddy left off!! For one I've seen interviews with her. She is sooooo blinded by the thought of having an adams apple she makes me puck. Not to mention she appears to have lost all the corks stoppers for those holes in her head.

Without a doubt Sorenstam is smart and very gifted. Which I'm sure she spent many,many hours,years becoming that gifted. No easy task in a mans world of golf.
Think I read she just about did all she could do in the women's world of golf.

So she shoots for a near impossible goal by bucking heads in the mens world of golf.
Even if she would of made the cut, sure it would of been a large step inwards but that's it! Just a step.
Now if she can brush this setback off and keep moving towards her goal,I truly believe she will at least set the pace for others to follow no matter what happens down the road.!.

She has a tuff road a head of her. Hope she doesn't fold because of today.

The pic below I suppose has more than one meaning in it,pending on who interprets what.
.
.
.
.
.



.


Me personally. Woman should stay in the kitchen and cook for their man. Barefooted in the winter and pregnant in the summer. ~~~~~ as I run for cover ~~~~~ biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
« Last Edit: May 24, 2003, 01:51:22 PM by Bill »
Two cans and a string powered by a big mouth

Offline kelly

  • TS Addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 17035
    • View Profile
    • http://
Sports:Anaca Sorenstam
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2003, 09:09:05 AM »
IMO she was truly doing this for herself. smile.gif

Not as part of a movement.

I don't think she has plans to join the PGA.

Also. IMO. She did really well and made a lot of new fans. smile.gif

Annika Sorenstam.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/players/pro...e?playerId=1029

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/columnist?id=1558434

She's by far the most famous Swedish Golfer in the world. smile.gif
kelly
Veteran SuperUser

Offline Gary S

  • TS Addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 2503
    • View Profile
Sports:Anaca Sorenstam
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2003, 09:19:00 AM »
I saw an interview with her last night and she said, when asked if she'll give it another try," I'm going back to my own tour where I belong." She also said she was way over her head in the men's PGA. I'd like to see her give it another try myself, paired with Tiger.
Gary S

Offline Bill

  • TS Addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 4615
    • View Profile
Sports:Anaca Sorenstam
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2003, 02:02:30 PM »
Just watched her on TV in an interview again.
Stated that is it for her in the mens league.
Hmmm ... can think of a few ballplayers (basketball in particular) were the old retirement speech went three times. <gr>
Have a strong feeling she'll be back.

Had to edit my post above. --- Annika ---  
Also forgot some links. Duh  oops.gif   Think Kelly put one up already that's the same. Double duh.  oops.gif  oops.gif
Two cans and a string powered by a big mouth

Offline krissel

  • Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 14766
    • View Profile
Sports:Anaca Sorenstam
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2003, 11:23:55 PM »
QUOTE(Bill @ May 23 2003, 11:14 PM)
Woman should stay in the kitchen and cook for their man.

 Why Bill, I'd be happy to cook for you.

Let's see, where did I put that arsenic....  

Devilish2.gif


A Techsurvivors founder

Offline Bill

  • TS Addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 4615
    • View Profile
Sports:Anaca Sorenstam
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2003, 09:35:17 PM »
QUOTE(krissel @ May 24 2003, 9:23 PM)
Let's see, where did I put that arsenic....   

Devilish2.gif

Salt come with it?    Devilish2.gif  smile.gif
Two cans and a string powered by a big mouth

Offline krissel

  • Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 14766
    • View Profile
Sports:Anaca Sorenstam
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2003, 10:57:07 PM »
Quote from: Bill,May 25 2003, 10:35 PM
Devilish2.gif
Salt come with it?    Devilish2.gif  smile.gif [/quote]
 Why, of course.  Sodium arsenate is not all that uncommon in kitchens.

 Devilish2.gif

sodium arsenate usage

 wink.gif


A Techsurvivors founder

Offline Bill

  • TS Addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 4615
    • View Profile
Sports:Anaca Sorenstam
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2003, 12:18:13 AM »
"Inorganic arsenicals are known to be acutely toxic. The symptoms which
  follow oral exposure include severe gastro-intestinal damage resulting
  in vomiting and diarrhea, and general vascular collapse leading to
  shock, coma and death. Muscular cramps, facial edema, and cardio-
  vascular reactions are also known to occur following oral exposure to
  arsenic."

Now that is what I call one heck of a supper! smile.gif
Two cans and a string powered by a big mouth