Author Topic: I didn't even know MS had ebooks!  (Read 728 times)

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • 27" iMac (mid-17), Big Sur, Mac mini, Catalina
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
I didn't even know MS had ebooks!
« on: July 08, 2019, 01:01:48 PM »
Should have been obvious, I guess. However, those who "purchased" those 'books' will not be able to read them much longer. I assume that means on the MS devices on which they were expected to be viewed. MS is closing the 'store'.

Just another reason to convert your e-books into another readable format (PDF, rtf, etc.) or at least get an app that read them. Need to see if Calibre even runs on Mojave macOS 10.14!
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system
CAUTION! Childhood vaccinations cause adults! :yes:

Offline kimmer

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
Re: I didn't even know MS had ebooks!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 02:54:38 PM »
At least if you purchased from them you "will receive a refund for every e-book bought."

Of course, if you convert your ebooks into a non-drm format, you're technically in violation of the law :rolleyes: , but it's done thousands of time each day.

I was intrigued by further comments in the article on how "DRM erodes personal property rights and that the scope extends beyond digital media." Imagine being on the road and your car simply stopped because someone pulled the software rights that keep your car engine running?

Big implications that need to be looked into by someones, but I fear it will bog down for years while someones argue over who knows what. ;)