Author Topic: selection..??  (Read 268 times)

Offline ADSR

• Super Duper Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://
selection..??
« on: September 16, 2024, 04:00:16 PM »
Macbook/Mojave...
Selecting a portion of text now , is no more highlighted ..? even if it's working...how can i can get the color of the selection  back... :Thinking:
 :thanx:

GR

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • 27" iMac (mid-17), Big Sur, Mac mini, Catalina
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
Re: selection..??
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2024, 09:20:37 AM »
Can't remember the place in Mojave Preferences, but I think in Big Sur it was still in System Preferences->General->Appearance. You should see seven choices; Blue, Purple,Pink, Red, Orange, yellow, Green and Graphite. All those colors ar "light" and translucent. They may be hard to see on very light backgrounds. You may also want to 'play' with your display contrast settings and even any "Increase contrast" settings in Accessibility. Lastly, check your Keyboard Shortcuts list for an "Increase Contrast" choice for +command+F5.

In Ventura, there is also a "Multicolor" choice to help with low contrast when using the standard colors. I'm not sure there was a general "Light", "Dark" and "Auto" setting in Mojave.
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system
CAUTION! Childhood vaccinations cause adults! :yes:

Offline jchuzi

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2024, 09:54:45 AM »
Macbook/Mojave...
Selecting a portion of text now , is no more highlighted ..? even if it's working...how can i can get the color of the selection  back... :Thinking:

GR
Have you tried the old standby of restarting?
Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P700, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365

Offline ADSR

• Super Duper Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2024, 11:54:17 PM »
Thanks for all your replys ... :)
Restart every morning...
Didn' t find the solution yet ...  :Thinking:

Offline jchuzi

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2024, 07:08:35 AM »
I don't have an answer. The only thing that I can suggest is a shotgun approach: Run Repair Disk with Disk Utility.
Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P700, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2024, 11:38:34 AM »
GR, can you send us a screen shot showing some selected text noting the app in use?

Offline ADSR

• Super Duper Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2024, 04:03:44 AM »
This problem occured on all apps, when i do a selection in my mac... :confused:

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2024, 09:07:39 AM »
"All apps..."
Yes, and that indicates it is a System problem.

1. Please send a screenshot and the name of the app in use at that time.
2. Also a screenshot of your System Prefs, showing the "General" page.

Offline ADSR

• Super Duper Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2024, 04:30:45 PM »
In system prefs...found that all the colors to choose  in highlight colors are blank (all white)... :confused:... is there a simple way to reset these preferences..??

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2024, 06:14:39 PM »
Quote from: ADSR
...highlight colors are blank (all white).
Uhmm, I may not be able to read/speak French, but I beg to differ with your comment. According to your screen shot, there are exactly eight colors available for use in your System.

You had the "Blue" dot selected when you took the screenshot:
  "Couleur d'accentuation:" shows the left-most color 'dot' selected.
  "Couleur de surbrillance:" shows what any highlighted text would have as a background color; "Graphite".

I still do not see the requested screen shot I posted in my last post:
"1. Please send a screenshot and the name of the app in use at that time."

That would allow us to see more of what you are seeing on your screen.

Suggestion [three steps]:
1. Select a different "color dot", the fourth one from the left (Red). Now, 2. select some editable text and 3. send us a screen shot of that area of the screen. Show us the selected text AND the text above, below and to each side of the selection. In other words, select an area that includes a selected word (or two) and include a line of text above and below as well as a word of two on either side of that selected word. Please see the image below. It shows a word (Show) highlighted within some text in several lines of UN-selected text.

Thanks! :D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2024, 06:19:44 PM by Xairbusdriver »

Offline ADSR

• Super Duper Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2024, 03:18:09 AM »
Uhmm, I may not be able to read/speak French, but I beg to differ with your comment. According to your screen shot, there are exactly eight colors available for use in your System.
 "Couleur de surbrillance:" shows what any highlighted text would have as a background color; "Graphite".

The problem is ..in "Couleur de surbrillance: .all the color in these preferences are white , even if try to change them, they stay white.. :wallbash:
That's why i would love to reset  theses preferences...:-)
 :thanx: for your help !

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2024, 08:19:19 AM »
ADSR, please consider following my (3 step) "Suggestion" [Reply #10] in my last post. :D

By the way, your last screenshot showed the highlight color as "Graphite". That should appear as a very light gray if your document background is white. That's why I am asking for a screenshot of a document where there is no apparent color. "White" highlighting won't show up on a "white" background. :Thinking: :doh: :WOW:

The first "colored" dot actually sets the default System 'color' used in your OS. Despite the dot appearing as dark blue, the actual highlight color is a very light gray. Please select another color (Red?) and send is a screenshot the General Prefs page. I'd like to see/read what shows in the "Couleur de surbrillance" section.

Thanks! :D

Offline ADSR

• Super Duper Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2024, 12:13:32 PM »
White" highlighting won't show up on a "white" background

That's my  problem !... but any color i choose stays a fraction of second , than return to white..all the colors stays  white :confused: ...as you can see on the screen capture..
That's why i think it would be ok  to reset theses preferences ...but how ?:Thinking:

Offline jchuzi

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2024, 01:56:35 PM »
Here's a possibility: Go to ~/Library/Preferences and look for com.apple.preference/general.plist. This may contain the highlight preference but I can't be sure. Move this plist to the desktop (don't trash it). Then, go back to System Preferences/General and reset your preferences. If this works and there are no untoward issues, you can trash the plist on the desktop. If not, return it to that location.

I cannot guarantee that this will work. You also might try my previous suggestion of using Disk Utility to run Repair Disk.

(If you have difficulty accessing that location, in Finder click the Go menu, click Go To Folder, type ~/Library/Preferences, and press Return.)
Jon

Offline ADSR

• Super Duper Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2024, 03:03:59 PM »
Hi,
Already use Diskutility...and your mail whith finding "com.apple.preference.general.plist" very hard to find scrollingbettween all theses preferencies :) but the probem persist... :wallbash:
Anyway , thanks very much !!