Author Topic: iTunes: How Do I Change Skins?  (Read 3238 times)

Offline amk285nyu

  • Super Poster
  • ***
  • Posts: 114
    • View Profile
iTunes: How Do I Change Skins?
« on: September 07, 2003, 11:41:34 AM »
Hey everyone,

I want to play around with skins with iTunes. I know about the website ResExcellence and its hack program ResEdit, but first, I tried using that before and it didn't work, and second, I took off OS completely this summer to make way for memory and other updates (I knew I could put it back on later, but I don't use it for anything, so it cleared a lot of memory quickly and painlessly).  

I saw iSkinner at VersionTracker, but the last comment posted said something about the program never working. The link was broken, so I wasn't sure if maybe it turned out to be bad software and they quit distributing it until a more functional version is developed. Does iSkinner work? If it does, where can I download it?

Does anyone know about any other program or way I can change my skins. And since ResExcellence has the only skins I know of for iTunes, does your way of changing skins accomodate those designs (I don't want to have to make my own)? Help!

Thanks.

Offline amk285nyu

  • Super Poster
  • ***
  • Posts: 114
    • View Profile
iTunes: How Do I Change Skins?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2003, 10:51:31 PM »
Wow. Does nobody skin their iTunes, or is everyone sick of this topic and I didn't get the memo?

If there's an old thread on the same topic, I'd appreciate a link, then I won't bug you guys anymore. Sorry to be a burden, but I'm not a regular, I only come here when I need your guys' help.

I should probably just search using "iTunes" and "skins", shouldn't I? What a dope.

Eh. I already typed this. I'll post it.

Offline jepinto

  • TS Addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 6195
    • View Profile
    • http://
iTunes: How Do I Change Skins?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2003, 06:31:38 AM »
amk:  Give 'em some time biggrin.gif  It's the weekend, and some of them have real lives. wink.gif

Now me and Bill-that's another whole story......
Do not fear your enemies.  The worse they can do is kill you.  Do not fear friends.  At worst, they may betray you.
Fear those who do not care; they neither kill nor betray, but betrayal and murder exist because of their silent consent.
~Bruno Jasienski~

Offline kelly

  • TS Addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 17035
    • View Profile
    • http://
iTunes: How Do I Change Skins?
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2003, 09:39:09 AM »
amk285nyu. Hello. You're not being ignored. smile.gif

Probably no one here using skins for iTunes. Or if they are they haven't stopped by.

Feel free to post any question at all. But there's no guarantee you'll get an answer.

There's a couple hundred regulars here. Not thousands.

Please don't take it personally. smile.gif
kelly
Veteran SuperUser

Offline Bill

  • TS Addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 4615
    • View Profile
iTunes: How Do I Change Skins?
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2003, 04:14:34 PM »
QUOTE
It's the weekend, and some of them have real lives.
Now me and Bill-that's another whole story......


Hey! My Webster is a custom built .... no life in that puppy. smile.gif
Two cans and a string powered by a big mouth