Author Topic: Java 1.4.1 Update 1 available  (Read 3203 times)

Offline bil207

  • Super Duper Poster
  • ****
  • Posts: 965
    • View Profile
Java 1.4.1 Update 1 available
« on: September 08, 2003, 05:08:00 PM »
Java 1.4.1 Update 1 is available via Software Update.

The Java 1.4.1 Update 1 adds the following enhancements:

•    Improved Java applet support for Safari and other web browsers that support the Java Internet Plug-In.
•    Improved drawing correctness and performance.
•    Changes to Java 1.3.1 that provide support for Oracle11i client applications on Mac OS X.
•    Improved stability, memory usage, and correctness.
Bill

Offline giantmike

  • TS Addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 1117
    • View Profile
    • http://www.giantmike.com
Java 1.4.1 Update 1 available
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2003, 05:49:10 PM »
Java applets now seem to load about twice as fast on my iBook 500 with Safari.

Offline kelly

  • TS Addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 17035
    • View Profile
    • http://
Java 1.4.1 Update 1 available
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2003, 10:51:39 PM »
Hmm. 24 MBs. Might have to wait a while.  huh.gif

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/java.html
kelly
Veteran SuperUser

Offline bil207

  • Super Duper Poster
  • ****
  • Posts: 965
    • View Profile
Java 1.4.1 Update 1 available
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2003, 06:49:47 AM »
Kelly,

   The Java 1.4.1 update is 24.1 MBs. The Java 1.4.1 Update 1 is 40MBs.
Bill

Offline kelly

  • TS Addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 17035
    • View Profile
    • http://
Java 1.4.1 Update 1 available
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2003, 10:47:08 AM »
Ok Bill. Update 1. Still going to wait. smile.gif
kelly
Veteran SuperUser

Offline csonni

  • Super Poster
  • ***
  • Posts: 352
    • View Profile
    • http://
Java 1.4.1 Update 1 available
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2003, 03:00:15 PM »
How do I find out what version I have?  Do you need to apply both updates (1.4.1 and 1.4.1-1)?

Offline csonni

  • Super Poster
  • ***
  • Posts: 352
    • View Profile
    • http://
Java 1.4.1 Update 1 available
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2003, 03:06:31 PM »
Well, after checking with Software Update, I see that the download I need is 39.7 megs.  I suppose that is the 1.4.1-1 update.  I don't remember doing the previous update, though.